The online application is now open
Application deadline is September 27, 2023.
No late or partial applications will be accepted.
Applicants must have been born after April 15, 1989.
All applicants must submit a nonrefundable application fee of € 50, payable through the online application system.
Please include the following material:
- A digital video recording with the candidate conducting an orchestra. The video should fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates should be visible from an orchestral musician's point of view.
- The sound must be of sufficient quality for the jury to evaluate the applicant´s performance. Videos with very low sound quality will be discarded.
- It is recommended to use a link to YouTube and there is no duration limit on the link. You can insert up to 3 links.
- If the video is uploaded native in the online application system, it must not exceed a size of 4 GB and a duration of 10 min.
- Birth certificate, copy of passport or equivalent proof of age.
- High resolution photograph
- Biography of no less than 200 and no more than 400 words in English
All competition rounds will be:
- Recorded, broadcast and streamed or made available for podcast
- Published on SoMe, different websites such as Malkocompetition.dk, DR.dk a.o.
- Applicants disclaim all rights and fees.
All applications will be reviewed by a pre jury and treated as confidential. Malko Competition reserves the right to request additional information from or about an applicant. The result of the preliminary round will be official on January 25, 2024 and all applicants will be notified by e-mail.